Posted on | April 7, 2011 by Tyler Ament |
Here are ten reasons why the United States Congress should maintain their ground on defunding UNFPA. In a time where the US is struggling financially, there’s no need to fund an agency like this until serious reform and accountability become the new norms. See the Twitter screenshots below to find out how UNFPA was caught in abortion promotion, while maintaining that they do not. If they can’t give a straight answer on a serious issue, they shouldn’t be spending hard-earned American tax dollars.
- What do Libyan Women Need Now?
- Former UNFPA Director Talks About “Religious Right,” Republicans, and the Holy See
- New UNFPA Director Wants Abortion for Youth
- Was UNFPA Really Cleared of the One-Child Scandal?
- Examining UNFPA’s Record of Promoting Abortion
- UNFPA and Other UN Agencies Fund Abortion Advocates Catholics for Choice Argentina
- Abortion Prominent in Agenda for UN Population Commission
- UNFPA Partners with Abortion Advocates in New Report
- Making the Connection: UNICEF and UNFPA
- On Crises and Contraception
UNFPA denies that they promote abortion, yet on Twitter, they promote IPPF Western Hemisphere and other abortion advocate NGOs as “cool youth advocates” in a “Follow Friday” tweet. When asked on Twitter why they did so, they gave no response. Here are the screenshots.
Oops. Guess this slipped through.