Posted on | July 3, 2012 by Timothy Herrmann |
The shadow event is being reported on by “Countdown 2015 Europe” which describes itself as “a consortium of 16 leading European non-governmental organizations working to ensure sexual and reproductive health and rights in developing countries.” Many of their partners will be participating in the debate.
To mark the World Population Day and the Family Planning Summit, a debate will be held on July 10th in Brussels, at the European Parliament. The event is hosted by Member of European Parliament, Antonyia Parvanova (ALDE Bulgaria), with the support of various organisations working on sexual and reproductive health and rights in Brussels and Belgium:
- Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevolkerung (DSW), Countdown 2015 Europe partner
- European Parliamentary Forum on Population and Development (EPF), Countdown 2015 Europe partner
- International Center For Reproductive Health (ICRH)
- International Planned Parenthood Federation – European Network (IPPF EN), Countdown 2015 Europe partner
- Marie Stopes International (MSI), Countdown 2015 Europe partner
- Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC)
- Sensoa, Countdown 2015 Europe partner
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Speakers at the event will be:
- Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, General Secretary for the World Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA), Zimbabwe
- Kate Gilmore, Assistant Secretary General and Deputy Executive Director (Programme), United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Marleen Temmerman, Belgian Senator and future Director for the Department of Reproductive Health and Research at the World Health Organisation (WHO)
The debate will be moderated by Goedele Liekens, Belgian media personality and UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador.
The full article can be found here.